Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheShaman

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2017
France
I use the LG 5K with my 2017 iMac and I am very happy with the sharpness and quality. But I find the extreme light grey turns to light green and I would like to improve this. Has anyone the same issue ? If one user has a good calibrated ICC profile for the LG 5K, can he share it here ? Thanks. I know I will have to use a calibrator one day...

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
The issue with sharing the ICC profiles is that in theory by default these panels should have a native or custom white point off the line and it should be burned in and correct in the monitor. The issue is they are not. I have a repaired panel and let me tell you the service center missed that step. The unit came in almost fish bowl green. I plan to let LG know about this on Monday. I was able to rent a ICC profiler and put it back to where white was not green yellow tint and more cool blue which is my preference. I also have a straight D65 profile and the rest of the D family 55 and 50 just for good measure. This is a real shame LG could not be bothered to spend a few extra minutes as these come off the line and calibrate them to white. Dell some how manages this feat on all the precision units and tosses in a results of the curve. This is not something that can not be done. For the brand ultra fine under LG they should have taken an extra step

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Can we use LG UltraFine 5K Display as a second monitor like below setup

MBP 16 inch (late 2016 model ) + Dell 27 4K + LG UltraFine 5K Display

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.