Phones LG V10 officially announced

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tig Bitties, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Tig Bitties, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

2. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Looks pretty dope. Is that a fingerprint scanner I see on the back?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's interesting take, but yeah not enamoured by the overall aesthetic.

4. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

They fail every time, because they still did not figure it out that it's all about software.

5. Dave.UK macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

Was holding out for the price of the LG G4 to drop a bit more, but the V10 looks amazing. Well done on LG for keeping the removable battery and SD slot.

6. tbayrgs, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Don't really see the benefit of the 'second screen' up top--didn't Samsung try this quite a few years ago? And can't a portion of the regular display be allocated for the safe functionality using software, save for the ability to have it 'always on'? As far as controls or app launching from it, not really convenient having it at the very top of the display.

Aesthetically, I find it much nicer than the G4, but of course YMMV.

7. lazard macrumors 65816

8. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Not interested until it has Snapdragon 820 or better. Would prefer to start seeing devices with ARM A72+A53 cores.

9. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

[​IMG]

^ Is that it compared size wise to the Nexus 6 ? It's quite tall for an LG is it not ?

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I see its on verizon ... Is this basically akin to the Droid series aesthetics then ?

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'm just not a phone guy let alone a big phone guy but that phone really does it for me I just can't (nor will you people in this thread) get over this phone for some reason.

14. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Not sure what phone its compared to in that photo, must be a Motorola.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Must be Nexus 6 due to the five row app icons

16. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Oh yeah, I was thinking it can't be a Nexus so soon, thinking it would have to be a new Nexus 6P, totally forgot about the Nexus 6 haha. It is tall in that case then as the Nexus 6 is a massive phone.

17. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

That is quite huge for a 5.7inch display phone, but then I guess the 2nd screen has a lot to do with it.

18. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

64GB internal mem plus MicroSD and 4GB RAM... Very nice LG :)

19. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Tempting...Not sure if it's worth it over the Edge+ though. But LG really did get it right this time around. It pretty much has everything that I expected for the LG G5. No OLED though, and that's kind of a deal breaker for me.

20. Savor Suspended

Savor

In the words from Lloyd Christmas - "I like it alot."

G4 didn't impress much. This one did. I really like the dual front cameras. I used to hate how some selfie cams were too close. Now we get both options.

Removable battery is always a win for me. I will stick to LG because of that reason alone. Only three smartphones I am interested this year. This for the premium side and ideal specs, Xiaomi Mi 4c for the great price, and the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact for good balance of design, size, battery life, specs, and long battery life.

I might wait for the V10's successor though. I feel this one is beta stages first with the dual screen stuff. LG will refine it. I can live with a phone being that tall though with a damage resistant rear since it seems to excel in alot of areas I look for an ideal smartphone. I like how LG is bringing out another flagship line to compete with Samsung's Galaxy S, Note, and Edge series and Apple's iPhone Plus series. You might as well emulate Samsung, Apple, or Sony and no longer have ONE FLAGSHIP per year but have many more variants. The definition of a flagship has expanded recently and is now a broad term. Flagship title has a six months lease at most. A better "flagship" gets released within 3-6 months from now.

21. TRDmanAE86 macrumors 6502

TRDmanAE86

Personally, This phone checks all of my boxes....

Durability
    Reliability
    Micro SD card
    Removeable battery
    Fingerprint scanner

And goes above and beyond with a 16MP. Camera, duel front camera setup, and, finally the size!

I can't wait for this phone since I am due for a upgrade! Thought I was gonna get the G4 this summer but, that never happened because, last minute I decided to wait for this one!

The V10 proves that thin phones can still be durable (and not bend), thin, and still contain a removeable battery!