Lg Voyager...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTeen, Nov 8, 2007.

1. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

I think I am going to buy a LG Voyager...i think it is a true iPhone competitor personally. What is everybody's thought on it? I an unable to get an iPhone because of no att coverage. ::confused:
    Verizon Wireless-LG Voyager
    Video of LG Voyager

Attached Files:

2. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Hey, brain check, move to an area where you can get AT&T coverage and buy an iPhone :p

3. iTeen thread starter macrumors 65816

iTeen

can't really move...lol...still in highschool...stuck at home with parents. *sniff*:mad:

4. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Hehe, I'm not too sure then. I havn't seen the voyager in action, although I have seen the Prada, and that is quite nice.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I've been eying the Voyager too... It's a very nice phone. I'm, on AT&T so I'll be grabbing an iPhone this weekend, but still. Nice little thing.

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Don't expect it to be anything at all like an iPhone. But if you don't have at&t coverage, it sounds like an alternative.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I agree, i think its ugly and is so much just like any other phone out on the market. I wouldnt buy it even if i had no AT&T coverage. On the other hand, it could be an iPhone killer...i gues...

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Or T-Mobile.... ;)

10. iTeen thread starter macrumors 65816

iTeen

no t-mobile coverage either...just sprint and verizon and a gang of small companies.:rolleyes:
    stupid small town

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

12. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

LG Voyager:
    # Dimensions: 4.64" (H) x 2.12" (W) x 0.71" (D)
    # Weight: 4.69 oz.

iPhone:
    * Height: 4.5 inches (115 mm)
    * Width: 2.4 inches (61 mm)
    * Depth: 0.46 inch (11.6 mm)
    * Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)

Pert close on basic specs....

ETA:

Casio Color Cassiopeia thats what it reminds me of...

13. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Just having that big ugly Verizon logo imprinted on the phone that I would have to look at, would be enough to keep me away from this phone.

14. pamon macrumors 6502

looks ok.. like the keypad... probably would suit ya fine..

15. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

Sorry you can't say that is an iphone competitor let alone an iphone killer.

16. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Why not?

How about some support behind these blanket statements?

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

The OS looks like the standard Verizon one....the front screen looks like only shortcuts.

If this is true, then iPhone and this are in different worlds.

18. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

There are goods and bads to both phones...I'm going with the voyager for the EVDO network, Verizon network, and full qwerty keyboard. Can't imagine texting all that I text on the iphone.

19. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

The iPhone isn't perfect but texting on the virtual kb is a joy.

20. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

While true, Verizon's OS is horrid....terrible. All you reasons you want the Voyager are fine, but iPhone/AT&T can keep up with it, or pass it.
    Verizon's standard OS can NOT keep up with the iPhone's OS

21. iTeen thread starter macrumors 65816

iTeen

yea...i'll prob do the sugercube thing to it.:D:D

22. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Yeah, so I watched the video of the LG Voyager and, while it has a lot of nice hardware features that trump the iPhone, the reviewer lost me on TV Out.

"And if you're wondering what this is here, this is the antenna for the TV. Because the Voyager is mediaflow-enabled and compatible with Verizon's V-Cast MobileTV service."

What?! This is why I prefer the iPhone, and am willing to pay the price I do with AT&T. I get these features handled by Apple rather than upstream from Verizon and then applied in a confusing package name with extra charges.

No thanks.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

looks like you have at least another 4.5 years of needing to be on a network that works in your parents home town.

Reason being is when you go to college you will still be spending around 3 months a year at home and you will want to have a working phone those 3 months.

That 4.5 year term was based on you being a Senior in HS right now and 4 years of college It will go up based on where you are on in HS right now and how long you plan on being in college (also assumes you are going to college)

I had the joys of having to find a network that work well in my hometown and great in college. You might have to do what I did and switch carriers because Verizon does not work where you go to school.

24. iTeen thread starter macrumors 65816

iTeen

i am a sophomore in hs right now:-(. I am most likely going to UW in Seattle so service will be no prob there. also...just an update. I looked on the ATT site and they just put a tower up in the last week or so. Trying to persuade my parents to switch... then its iPhone time.
    iTeen

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

but do not forget like I pointed out you need service that will work both at your school and your hometown while you are in college. Sucks but it is something you need to think about. When you need service in both places it can really limit your choices on companies. ATT more than likely where be in home town in the next few years.

Verizon while in some ways is annoying is a good company. A large factor in why my family switch is because verizon does not work where I attend school so numbers where being switch over as the contracts where expiring.