LG Voyager

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waloshin, Jun 1, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

How can the LG Voyager be an iPhone killer when it doesn't have any Applications? All it has is basic cell phone apps? Right?

Camera, Video recording, java games, calculator, text messaging, web browser... nothing special it seems just like a regular phone with a qwerty keyboard, and a touch screen? So why would anybody buy one of these? A simple 100.00 phone could do all the same things minus the qwerty keyboard and touchscreen?

- The only reason I can think of is that they cant get in Iphone in their area.

Thanks!

2. war eagle macrumors 6502a

When the Voyager was released, the iPhone didn't have apps.

And there is no such thing as an iPhone killer. Sorry.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I work for Verizon. The Voyager comes with the Get-It-Now on the phone, you can download a bunch of different apps in it, nothing compared to the iPhone though. Also the voyager has VZNavigator, which is turn-by-turn GPS. Still no where near the iPhone in functionality or coolness.

4. MacVixen macrumors 6502

The Voyager is an iPhone killer? It's been out for going on 2 years now hasn't it? :confused:

I owned the Voyager for about a year before getting my iPhone. It was fine for what it was, though the web browser really kinda sucked, and I never did figure out how to get any songs on there since I owned a Mac and the music software only worked with Windows :mad:, and the instant message software NEVER worked for me. But I liked the video camera, I liked the keyboard, and I liked Verizon's coverage. And 1 1/2 years ago, when I bought it, the Voyager was the closest I was gonna get to an iPhone (though it was really nothing close, lol) while on the Verizon network.

5. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Hardly a killer, just another competitor. I looked at it before I got my LG Dare which is another iPhone competitor. It gets the job done but is no iPhone. On the other hand, it doesn't have AT&T. Verizon's coverage more than makes up for the phone's shortcomings. I have no problem getting music on my Dare and I can even pick out songs to use as alarm tones. Bought a 2nd gen. Touch for apps. and playtime.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I had it also and it was an ok phone. I have to agree with you on the web browsing also. It was just ok, a little better than average. I did get music on it w/o a problem though with my Mac so I'm not sure what issues you were having. I put the music on a SD Mini card in the music folder and that's how I did it. The touch screen was crap IMO. I would scroll trough my contacts and it would select a contact if you pressed on the screen just a little too hard, and it did this for everything. Because of the Voyager I swore to never get a touch screen again until I tried an iPhone. The iPhones touch screen is MUCH better.
    Another thing that got me with the Voyager was the keys on the keyboard. The paint would rub off after 3 months of using it and then the keyboard looked like crap. I love the fact the iPhone doesn't have a real keyboard, because no paint to rub off.
    Now to compare the Voyager to the iPhone isn’t fair. The iPhone is a smartphone and the Voyager isn’t by any means. Now for a person who wants a phone with a lot of bells and whistles and doesn’t want a smart phone, the Voyager is a good phone.