LG W2253V-PF setup with MacBook Pro mid 2009

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Microwe, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Microwe macrumors newbie

An hour or so ago I unpacked my new LG W2253V-PF monitor and am hoping someone can put me out of my misery and tell me where I am going wrong.

The local Apple distributor recommended the Mini Display Port/DVI instead of the VGA adapter so my MacBook Pro is connected to my monitor via DVI. I am also using a Mac b/t keyboard and b/t mouse.

Everything works except that I am unable to use the menus. When selecting an option in the monitor, the instructions say that I can move from box to box by using the up and down arrows. Unfortunately I can not do so.

I have tried everything to access the menus without success. Can anybody give me any advice please.

Michael.

2. Microwe thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just spent an hour or so Googleing everything I could find on this monitor. Patience paid off as some user commented on the difficulty reading the controls on the r/h bottom of the screen. They said that you needed a magnifying glass to see them. I did exactly that and saw that there were tiny up and down arrows to select. They were what I was looking for.

Job done! Everything working well.

Michael.