Library "Application Support" 19GB

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nick16, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nick16 macrumors regular

So I'm trying to clean up my MacBook's harddrive and came across the discovery of my iTunes "Application Support" folder being 19GB... I briefly Googled it and it's not something I think I can just delete without adverse effects (I read of some instances where iTunes would no longer open). Any suggestions as to what to do, or am I just stuck with this large ass file?

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You shouldn't delete items from the Application Support folder unless you know exactly what you're doing, as many of those files are critical to apps running properly. It's a good idea to stay out of your System and Library folders unless you know what you're doing.

Freeing up drive space in Mac OS X

The MobileSync folder contains your iOS backups, such as for your iPhone, iPad, etc. You can delete those safely from iTunes > Preferences > Devices

3. Nick16 thread starter macrumors regular

So I just deal with this 19GB file? lol That's some pretty significant usage when we're dealing with a mere 250GB drive that's constantly being filled with various types of media (as a college student - it fills quickly).