Library in my apps folder??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by quigleybc, Jun 9, 2007.

1. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Ok, this is annoying me.

For some reason my new Macbook came with a Library folder in my Applications location...

So, I have a library folder in my HD, one in my User location, and one in my apps location.

that sucks. and it's not right. Because today i went to system prefs>desktop because I wanted to select one of the default OS X Desktop pictures.

They were all gone. Nothing to select. And i'm sure it's because the location of these default pics are in my Applications>Library folder..which makes me think that it's some kind of screw up at Apple Anyway, I would like to move stuff over to one of the standard Library locations but I have no idea which one would work and what should go and what should stay. So I guess I'll just live with it...

Anyway, that's my rant on new macs having a library folder in the apps folder...or am I the only one?

:rolleyes: :p :mad:

*edit

and then I moved my "desktop Pictures" folder from the Apps>Library location to the HD>Library location and now all my default desktop pictures are available.

Makes me wonder what else is affected by something not being in the right spot......

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

That sounds really screwy. Personally, I'd backup any personal files you put on it, reinstall from the restore disk, and do an erase and install. Since it's brand new, there shouldn't be much to worry about losing.

3. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

uggghh

not sure if i wanna do an erase and install

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Have you put a lot on the machine since getting it? If not, an erase and install is fairly painless.

You could do an Archive and Install.That would probably accomplish the some thing.

5. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

/Library
    /System/Library

And libraries within your users' home directories.

That's all

6. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

well, not on my machine it's not.

that's the way it is on my desktop but not the Macbook.

other than the desktop pictures, I haven't had any issues. Just odd that it would come that way....