/Library/Preferences/Audio: default volume changes to minimum

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hi all, I've been trying to sort this on and off for months and still haven't fixed it. The problem I'm having is that whenever I restart my computer (10.8.2), my volume defaults to one notch above minimum on the internal speakers, regardless of what it was set to prior to restarting. I've tried deleting the .plist files in /Library/Preferences/Audio, changing volume settings, and restarting, but that has done nothing. I believe this may be related to an old prefpane that I used to use, StartupSound.prefpane, that allowed me to control the output volume at startup to stop the startup chime. I've since erased the prefpane, but its old settings seem to have survived the deletion. Currently, my startup chime works properly, but once booted into the OS, the volume is always at a minimum. This occurs on both my admin accounts. I've also tried installing StartNinja, which succeeded in repressing my startup chime, but did nothing for my default volume after startup.
    My apologies for the wall of text, but if anyone could advise it would be greatly appreciated!

2. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@