lid clicks when closing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benlee, Sep 17, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I've had my macbook pro since february and just recently started to notice than when I'm closing the lid it will make a click sound (seems to be coming from the right hinge area). It seems it may be getting worse and worse. Anyone experience this?

I really cant go very long without my computer if they have to fix it. I need it for school... What could be causing it

Thanks

2. Wanderer macrumors member

Speck Cover??

Do you have a Speck Cover on the MacBook Pro?

That might be the answer. If so, goto the Speck website.

Lewis:cool:

3. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

No spec cover. Thanks for the response though.

4. happysymptom macrumors newbie

:(

I have the exact same problem (is it even a problem?), it comes from both the left and right rear corners. Did you ever figure it out? I looked at pictures of the internals, and the fans are right there, so I wondered if it was that... hope you can get back to me...

5. newbie jnr macrumors member

Is the noise aside from the click from the latch coming into position? It could be maybe something like the hinge needs oiling...if it makes the noise just as you start to move the lid.

6. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

my original MBP from October 07 had this problem. I got the lcd lid replaced and it no longer made a clicking noise. Something is loose in the topcase.

Since then, I now have Penryn MBP. but it's definitely not normal and kind of annoying actually.

7. happysymptom macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to take it Mac authority on monday to have it looked at. It makes the noise even if the lid is closed simply from handling, or when the lid is being opened and at a 45 degree angle. Whatever the case - I just purchased it, so I hope they take care of it.

Thanks again.

8. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Be sure to keep us updated! i'd be curious to see what they say.

9. happysymptom macrumors newbie

I called Apple.

I'm taking it to an apple store tomorrow, as I was assured they would replace my lid.

I'll keep you updated.

10. ash06 macrumors member

Sorryyy :d

Hi, sorry
    but i'm a newbie here

and i have a problem with my mbp lid.
    how do i start a new thread??:confused::confused:

please help. thank you