Lid closed, able to access through iCloud, still on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dalcorn1, Jan 17, 2012.

1. dalcorn1 macrumors regular

My MacBook has been sleeping and waking quite erratically lately. Sometimes when I open the lid the screen comes on and then switches itself off. To rectify it I have to close and reopen slightly and jiggle the mouse around a bit then open fully. It's an intermittent problem though.

I noticed yesterday however that even though my MacBook is at home with the lid shut, I can still access it through back to my Mac which leads me to believe it's not actually hibernating when the lid is closed. The white light come on at the front when I close the lid, but I don't think it's pulsing.

Is this a feature of back to my mac or do I need to reset my MacBook's power management?

2. dalcorn1 thread starter macrumors regular

First link 404'ed but the second one I shall give a try thank you

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

As has been happening a lot the last about 3 months, sometimes the Apple links will 404 on the first try. The best I have found is to hit Command+R a few time and usually it will then load. Would love for this bug to be fixed.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Both links are good. Just keep trying. You may need to clear your browser's cache.

5. dalcorn1 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah yeah it's working now thanks.