Lid closing unevent mbp13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aigoya, Jun 21, 2010.

1. aigoya macrumors member

Anyone else having this issue?

3-4 Week old mbp here, never dropped it once.
    But it's really bugging me. Worth taking it to apple?

It's not just visual, if I run my finger down both the right and the left side, the difference is clearly there.
    (View the bottom left of the lid vs the bottom right. The bottom right is protruding more.)
    [​IMG]

2. sadcamper macrumors regular

I assume you meant "uneven"? ;)

It's not uncommon...google "lid warp(ing)"...I actually brought mine in to Apple today with this exact problem to see what they said. He adjusted the hinges and said it looked better to him, but it looks the same to me. Either way, I just wanted it on record that it was an issue just in case it creates further problems in the future, though I highly doubt it will.

3. aigoya thread starter macrumors member

I thought warping was due to some heat, somehow 'bending' parts. But closing the lid is perfectly fine, nothing seems out of place... it just looks uneven looking at it from top view..

Plus i've only had it for 3 weeks. I use an external monitor and always make sure to prop open my mac so the lid isn't closed..

4. aigoya thread starter macrumors member

Update::

I took it to the apple store. The guy told me that they would have it fixed and call me back.

I got a call the next day that they're going to just replace the unit entirely. So now I'm sitting and playing on my new one.

Now when they gave me the new unit, it was just the mbp with the plastic sheet wrapped around it. No new box or anything.

Is it possible that they gave me a refurbished model or something? Don't understand how they have mbps wrapped with the plastic stocked in the back room or something.

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

It is either refurbished or they just took one out of the box.