Lids STILL not flush

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jqc, Oct 16, 2008.

1. jqc macrumors regular

Played with both MBPs and MBs this morning. one of the small things that bother me about my MBP is that the lid doesnt close flush, i thought this would be finally rectified by the new magnetic design. in playing with multiple MBPs and even a few MBs, i noticed that the screen/lid still does not sit flush, on many of them, there is a slight gap in the (usually) right corner.

I know, not a big deal - but disappointing none the less.

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

3. Dan 7.1 macrumors newbie

you do realize that there are soft plastic feet on the lcd housing which by design prevent the lcd housing from sitting flush, yes?

4. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

its not supposed to. it will then rub grit and dirt which will then scratch your computer. get over it. its called design:D

5. jqc thread starter macrumors regular

im sorry, let me clarify - i should have said the lid is still "crooked" Yes I know the rubber around it is supposed to cushion it. I mean, like the old MBPs, the corners of the lids also seem to curve upward so it that there is a gap between the rubber and the palmrest. Although with the old MBPs and the latch system, these gaps could get quite wide in the corners. The ones i saw were much smaller gaps but still there.

6. EroticCelery macrumors newbie

I imagine that has to do with the people on the assembly line who attach the display to the unit. If they did it carefully before tightening the hinge, they could probably get it flush.

7. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

I wonder if its all automated now? Little stuff like this bugs me too though. Like on my (and almost everyone else's) MBA the port door doesn't close flush. You'd think they could get these details right.