Lied to at the ATT store (DF)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dualhcsniatpac, Jul 19, 2008.

1. dualhcsniatpac macrumors newbie

My gf was at the ATT store yesterday and she overheard one of the associates telling a potential customer that all of the DF orders through Saturday have shipped. Well guess what, I ordered mine on saturday and it's still backordered!!! I am very disappointed that they are lieing to customers like this. I am also pissed that my gf didnt go up to her while the customer was still there and say, "Really ma'am cause I got mine on Saturday and mine hasnt shipped along with 20 other people on Saturday."

Boo to ATT for that and boo to Apple for shortages.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Mine also has not shipped and I was promised 3-5 business days. I knew that they were full of crap when they told me that. I believe that ATT is making it a priority to ship to people in the largest of cities first. I have a friend that ordered there's the exact day that I ordered mine, even after the time in which I ordered mine, be got hers on Wed. She lives in a major metro area. This doesn't make it fair since I believe it should be first come first serve but leave it to ATT to give the little guy the finger. My theory could be wrong since I don't know where you are but that is it nonetheless.

3. dualhcsniatpac thread starter macrumors newbie

Im in Flint, MI. Not that big but still im pissed about the fact that they are bs-ing people. Now it wont even let me check my status online.

4. mheidt macrumors member

There was a post from somebody affiliated with an ATT internal last week.
    He or she said that one shouldn't order but come back the next day. It was known, that ATT will postpone the backorders for at least a week in order to make more direct sales.

5. markgamber macrumors 6502

C'mon, you can't tell me you're surprised. Have you ever been to a phone store where they didn't tell you whatever it was you wanted to hear? Actually, the trip to AT&T that landed me my phone was probably the nicest time I've ever had a phone store. Compared to Sprint, AT&T is staffed by angels.

6. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I think I'll tell my friend that works for at&t that I'll just get mine at apple.
    (I wanted to give him the commission...but damn, seriously at&t?)

Could this have been made any harder on people that want what they paid for?...I mean c'mon. :mad:

7. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

if it helps any, I ordered mine on Saturday at 3pm 16 white gb. I got mne yesterday. I live in California though.

8. jennyrumor macrumors newbie

att likes to lie. i was told that the iphones would never be subsidized and to just go ahead and upgrade. he just wanted the commission from my phone and now i can;t get an iphone until 09.:mad:

9. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

No AT&T stores are getting any iPhones to put on the shelves. If they were it would be news on here. All the AT&T iPhones as of now are being used to fill DFs.

10. presterminator macrumors newbie

I was skeptical about the 3-5 day wait but I ordered my black 16gb at 6:00 on launch day and it came in yesterday around noon. With this lead time and how high the demand is for the iPhone; I would say they're keeping up with demand pretty well.

11. islandtitan macrumors regular

islandtitan

I don't know that I'd agree with you. The store I ordered from has received three DF orders in as many days.

I'm glad you got yours. Can't wait for mine...ok, don't have a choice, I'll rephrase, I'm really looking forward to getting mine in.

12. dualhcsniatpac thread starter macrumors newbie

I just called ATT earlier and she said that they had gotten whites in and that my order was expected to ship on Monday along with other 8's and the 16's get shipped after that. Blah... Im sick of waiting along with everyone else on here!!!

13. MacMaad macrumors member

I think it is totally random. I live in a small area, ordered mine (16G white) about 3 p.m. on Sunday (13th) and it was shipped Wed and arrived Thurs. When I was picking it up today (because I was out of town), I overheard a guy who had ordered his white one before mine and still had not received it. He ordered at the same time and in the same store as a friend of his, who had had his for a couple of days. The AT&T boards and the threads here show the same thing. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

If anything, that seems even more frustrating, although for a change I was lucky and got the dang thing on time.

14. Matt H macrumors newbie

I was told at ATT the wait may be up to 21 days. I'll flip **** if i have to wait 21 days.

15. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I was told two weeks but it could deliver in two to three days.

Whatever.

16. jconway macrumors newbie

My dad and I had to do DF on the day they cam out. Mine came in on thrusday but his hasnt even shipped and they were ordered 30 seconds apart. And to add to that, I was at an apple store today and they had them in stock. Poor guy LOL

17. MllePrecieux macrumors newbie

Jeezus H, I ordered mine Sunday and I've been reading the forums and I'm nervous as hell that I'm gonna be one of the ones that get screwed. Whether it's random or not, will not be happy.

I'm gonna make a stop to my AT&T store to talk to my "phone guy" tomorrow before work. Not sure what good it will do.

Somebody really dropped the ball with this. Too bad us customers are gonna be the ones to pay, as usual ... :(