Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tatsh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
My iPhone 5S is now effectively an iPod, which is what I expected. I plan to keep it for development purposes.

What I did not expect is iMessage to be all messed up. It says 'Waiting for activation...' in Settings. I've tried re-signing in and all. Messages fail to send. Up until I disabled SMS and MMS it would try sending as SMS too. Does it not realise there is absolutely no non-Wifi connection now? Do I have to take out the SIM card for it to realise?

Obviously I do not want to restore because it is jailbroken on 7.1.2. Everything else is working.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
My iPhone 5S is now effectively an iPod, which is what I expected. I plan to keep it for development purposes.

What I did not expect is iMessage to be all messed up. It says 'Waiting for activation...' in Settings. I've tried re-signing in and all. Messages fail to send. Up until I disabled SMS and MMS it would try sending as SMS too. Does it not realise there is absolutely no non-Wifi connection now? Do I have to take out the SIM card for it to realise?

Obviously I do not want to restore because it is jailbroken on 7.1.2. Everything else is working.

take out your sim.

iOS 7 i have no problems using my Old Phone that i use as an iPod or back up (incase i run out of battery and i need to go out) with iMessages receiving and sending from my Phone number even though theres no SIM card, because iMessages remembers your number, kind of how like you can use your phone number to make new iMessages on your macbook.

but iOS 8, i cant use my number to send and receive on my old iPhone anymore, it keeps reverting back to my email.

pretty odd, i hope they fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.