Life after OS X 10.6.8

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thronborg, Jun 9, 2013.

1. thronborg macrumors newbie

After upgrading my 5 Macs to Mountain Lion 10.8 i had to downgrade them all to 10.6.8 again. A lot of work but at least everything is working fast and smooth. The Lion operating system is mess.

Lion is a result of a company without a functioning management involving all departments suddenly received a free hand to do whatever they want. The reason is clear: Steve Jobs has left the building and after it is virtual anarchy. Hopefully Apple will once again gain control of their OSX but it will require a completely new OSX 11. This today mix of GUI in Apple's own applications with missing "Save As ..." iTunes menus that can no longer be double-clicked and another hundral features that are different in Appel's own programs must be addressed. In addition, all the strange compatibility issues and bugs. They just have to rewrite the Mac OSX from scratch, no bug fixes can arrange this as demonstrated from 10.7 to 10.8. So I look forward to a quick and efficient OSX 11.

Ole

2. maxosx macrumors 68020

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Could you explain how you know that. No infer it...know it, as you have asserted it as a fact.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering the source of that which you asserted as fact, not opinion.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

5. thronborg thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok no one knows by the simple reason that it is not the information given out by Apple. But with a little knowledge most people know that if you suddenly deliver a bad product, it is because something has happened in the company. If a woman has become pregnant, you hardly need to ask if she had sex, right. Maybe a bad analogy, but it's just the way it is with Apple when it comes to OSX Lion, you do not need to have the facts you know anyway.

I love Apple products and have always defended them all these years, but now they have made ​​a bad product, so it is.

It is not unusual to make mistakes and especially since there have been turbulent at Apple since about 2007. Let's just hope that everything now stabilized, and we'll see a "NEW" OSX. Apple has done it before and can do it again.

6. Bear macrumors G3

My question is why did you upgrade all 5 Macs before you were sure the first one was functioning as you liked it?

I always upgrade one Mac first and make sure all the software I use is functioning properly on it. The next machine would get upgraded in anywhere from a week to a month depending on issues. After that you can upgrade each machine when you're done upgrading the previous one unless there is additional software to test.

It would've saved you a lot of work.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Bad, or just something you don't like.

8. thronborg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats a good point to upgrade on the Mac first and test it. I probably thought it was a good and stable uppgraderig that it actually tends to be from Apple. Since I run a bussiness with Macs and 8 printers, 1 vinyl cutter, 2 plotters, 2 scanners, 8 Raid discs, updated with new drivers and Cinema4D running network rendering on 5 of the Macs at the same time. So that's why I made the decision to upgrade all at the same time when the operation still must be down and I wanted to have running all the machines to work as soon as possible.

If you only have one Mac, private, no problem, but i run a company, it costs to stand still, now it took 5 days to go back to 10.6.8.

Apple has had similar problems in the past, I think it was 8 system that was never good, but was rewritten entirely to version 9. It was at that time when Steve Jobs returned to Apple after his NEXT career. So a poorly cohesive company without a good management team has a hard time delivering good products. It is the same in all companies including Apple.

Now i learned to NEVER upgrade to a new system until it has been out there at least 1 1/2 year.

9. yasmapal, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

yasmapal macrumors newbie

I guess I've been right not to upgrade...?

I've been running OS 10.6.8 on my 2009 Macbook Pro for a little while now, and since I just recently upgraded my RAM from 2GB to 8GB everything seems to be running fine. I've been considering making the leap to Mountain Lion for a while now but I've been extremely hesitant, and your experience seems to confirm my suspicions. Looks like I'll stick with SL until we get something better.

10. benwiggy macrumors 68020

I'll raise you his bad experience anecdote with my good experience anecdote.
    In any case, you may not have to wait too long for something better.

11. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) looks like a good Snow Leopard replacement. Faster than Lion & Mountain Lion.