Life after the 3G iPhone & 2.0 Lands

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by GimmeSlack12, Mar 28, 2008.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So what will be stopping anyone from getting one of these phones? The iPhone will make a momentous impression on all industries with the blind perspective that it all works out more or less perfectly (no significant flaws or bugs).
    Even if Motorola wasn't already dieing a slow death I'm sure Apple would be a catalyst in its final demise. Is RIM gonna lose a big chunk of business?

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I don't know if RIM will lose a ton of business, but it will definitely be a big competitor..

a lot of companies have already invested a LOT of money to have BB.s work with their system... I can't see companies freely willing to throw away all that money and adopt the iphone. at least not for awhile...

3. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Personally, I don't like AT&T. I'm not getting an iPhone until I can get it with a Verizon plan without having to unlock it. I will be getting an iPod Touch 2.0, though :D

4. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

5. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

iPhone is going to be an even larger force in the industry by year end. It will take share from feature phones like samsung and danger, windows mobile phones from samsung and others and RIM. It won't knock anyone out, at least anyone big but it will "put a further hurtin on them"