Life as a Mac User

Macintoshgeek

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I was just wondering what people do or say to you because your a Mac user?

For me everyone comes up to me and says something like this:
"ihi, iwhats up?"

One time my brother even went in to my room and labeled everything in my room with tape and sharpie.
He put stuff like:
idesk, ilight, itrashbin, iunderwear etc.

So any way's post some stuff other people do or say to you.

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I've gotten asked a few times since I got my iPhone whether I'm also a Mac user. We talk for a couple minutes about what machines we are using, and then the topic changes to something else. Nothing extremely exciting, but it is always nice to know of others that appreciate a Mac.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well people don't usually care that I use macs.....never gotten a dirty look or pied for using it in public:)

When I start talking about macs then thats a different story.

Bless
I agree! If they see a mac, most people say... o0o0o wow thats a nice computer!!!

But when I start talking about how good it is... they get jealous! :D

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
my 12" powerbook used to have a lot of people go "wow! thats a pretty sweet little laptop", then with my macbook, no one cared since everyone at university seems to have either a Macbook, Dell or HP. But now that I have a MBP, amybe I can get the 'wows' back! It's all in the sleek metal casing you know.

One of my good friends is a mac-hater to the extreme so we normally have good arguments about them, I usually win now since I just break out "well, if it doesn't work I just boot up XP and use it there"

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
One of my friends is staunchly anti-Apple, so he always makes jokes about them. His only real beef is the AAC format, I've given up trying to convince him.
Most of the people i know use macs, so i don't get much complaining from friends/family

Penryn

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
I just seem to be singing the macs praises while my mates slag it off ...
Ah well, there loss en it.