Life Completely Online - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by a1dipship, Jul 26, 2008.

1. a1dipship macrumors regular

Not sure if this is right place to start this thread but since i use MobileMe (no problems except first 1-3 days).

I seem to have moved virtually everything online this last week and it feels very good. Just nice to move everything 'away' leaving my macbookpro somewhat of a shell - i like it though.

Im guessing many of you live online completely and was wondering about any feedback etc on the whole idea. I realise the one big 'flaw' is the need for internet access, but im just a simple home user so if there is no internet for some reason ill just get on with life in other ways.

So im thinking of removing my mail app from my dock and using the web app exclusively - and no syncing anything with my mac whatsoever. Ive moved all my files except an archive dmg with lots of personal stuff (1gb in size) and my keychain type info which is in an encrypted dmg also on my laptop.

Everything seems to be online - photos, files, address book, email, notes, todos, blog, online banking, etc etc. Im using "Backpack" for my todos and notes / planning etc

ADDITION : using del.icio.us for bookmarks - no more syncing etc!!!!

Anyway, you get the picture.

Any views?

2. sharp65 macrumors 6502

I've been doing this for a while, it's a lot easier than having to be tethered to your computer. No matter where you are all of your e-mail, pictures, docs... will be up to date. You can still use your macbook as a backup in case some freak thing occurs and the online services loose their data, which is what your doing with the archive file and keychain.