Life Proof Case Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Benguitar, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Benguitar, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Hey MacRumors, I was wondering if I could get the opinions/insight of other Life Proof case owners? I purchased my Life Proof case the same day I purchased my iPhone 4S because I need the protection for my job and I like to go mountain biking in my free time. So the Life Proof seemed like the perfect choice, since Otterbox isn't water proof nor do I like that Otterbox defenders get greasy with use.

I am a bit concerned though, I'm not sure if the seal around my Life Proof case is 100% sealed or not. I installed the case exactly how the video tutorial described, but from day one I've seen these very minor 'splits' in between the top and bottom pieces of the case.

Can anyone confirm that these splits should or shouldn't be there?

Thankfully I did purchase AppleCare along with my device so if something were to happen, I am covered.

If this is a faulty case, how might I go about getting a new one from Life Proof? Or if I should look into getting a new case, what kind of tough case should I get?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you very much!

2. Andyyyy macrumors member

it is normal. mine has the same appearance. if you feel uncomortable about it just email them and they will send you a new one. i emailed them and they were very quick about getting a new one to me.

3. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't feel comfortable with it like that

4. Andyyyy macrumors member

Yeah me neither that's why I got them to send me a new one. The new one had it also but not nearly as bad as the first.

5. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I'm on my second life proof case (gave my first one away) one black, and one white, I also got one for my wife on pink (I think it looks like peptobismol but that is what she wanted) and none of them look like that, I would send it back...

Also, did you test the case by putting it under water without the phone?

6. App King macrumors member

7. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Also, do you have screen protectors on your phone?