Life with PlayStation Update now available

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Sep 17, 2008.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

If anyone still cares, Sony has posted the Folding-at-Home "Life with PlayStation" update after a two month delay. It's available as a mandated update by entering the Folding-at-Home client.

Life with PlayStation replaces the Folding-at-Home client.

More information and a walkthrough video is available at http://blog.us.playstation.com.

<RANT>

This is Sony's answer to the Wii's News and Weather channels? Really? There's less than 20 cities "available" within the United States. You can't enter your own town or zip code. You can't even pull up your local weather or news via zooming.

Pathetic. I wonder why they even bothered? The benefits of folding aside, this application is nothing like they hyped it up to be.

</RANT>

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

meh! more useless than a pedometer for a paraplegic.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is... Odd? A bit late if they wanted to compete with the Wii for its similar news and weather channels.

Then again MS is going to add "mii's".

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

20 cities? Well.... at least you can track hurricanes with it.

[​IMG]

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I wonder if thats Ike.....that looks scary. Is this mandatory because I rather skip this just as I skipped the lame arse wii weather/news channel.

Just bring the open beta of home and be done with all this side bull.

Bless

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Yup, that was Ike. No, it's just manditory if you use Folding@Home. When you open the app it tells you there is a new update called Life With Playstation and downloads it.

7. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Crikey, talk about late to the party. I knew nothing about this update till I started using Folding@Home tonight!

Downloading now. Gotta say, as it's come as a complete surprise, I'm looking forward to it! As long as London's on there, I don't really mind :p

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Sweet! I didn't know it worked via remote play! Just stumbled upon this while using remote play tonight.

[​IMG]

9. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I think most of you are missing a big point. This is Folding@home. Its meant to keep you entertained while they mix protein together. I know most people won't use it, but its still nice to have these free updates.

Oh, and why its there only 2 (or 3?) Canadian cities... :mad:

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I know it's F@H :p.