Lifebook mockup

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Tilpots, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Found this cool idea for a computing ecosystem. The designer calls it Lifebook. The idea is to integrate and separate components as needed.

2. *LTD*, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012

*LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Parts, parts and more parts. Holes here, holes there. Seems like a massive docking station. No thanks. the last thing the average consumer needs to (or wants to) be doing is fiddling with more removable parts.

Thumbs-up to the designer for at least trying something interesting, though.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I have to say it is a pretty good idea. Some of the stuff I see as more of over kill but that type of product while no so useful for the masses could have some great things in business.

There are times where everything but the music player would be really useful at different times and is kind of an all in one so one thing can cover multiple rules and be good at multiple rules.

4. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

Parts? Sure, but my bag is already loaded with these components anyway. Being able to tie them all together and have them function as a whole is a novel idea I think we'll see more of as time goes by. It's like a docking station thats the sum of its parts. Not just a "dumb" docking station.

Yeah, the overall idea is solid but it definitely needs a little work. If you could take the parts and apply them to niche docks I think it might get a bit more traction. Like an artists dock would vary from a small biz dock which would vary from a students dock.