LifeLock - anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlexH, Mar 7, 2008.

1. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

I'm interested in LifeLock. It looks like a nice service, but I'm interested to see if any of you guys use it, and if so, how do you like it?

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I have it, and the only thing I've noticed so far is that my junk mail has cut down a lot.
    The things they do you can do for free, but keeping up with all that kind of stuff can get overwhelming.
    AND I really like their $1,000,000 policy..

3. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

in that case post your SSC #:D

4. gmecca2 macrumors regular

Most of the services they provide are things you can do yourself. Some do have costs but they come at a cheaper rate than LifeLock charges. Sorry I don't have the time to write a detailed response as I have just activated most of these features for myself but if you go to one of the credit bureau sites you can see all of the service which can be provided for free or a small charge. Also look on your current creditors sites to see what they can do to prevent your identity from being stolen. You can opt out of receiving most pre-approved, cash advance checks, promotional checks, just by submitting a request online.

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm not going to do something to promote my identity thieft.... But I do use the internet for a lot of shopping. And I know a few people who are having to go through restoring their identity.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The guy who does the advertisements always says his SSC :D

7. AlexH thread starter macrumors 68000

AlexH

Do feel awkward giving them your social security #? I guess my concern would be, they have all of my info, can I trust them with it!?