Lifeproof as daily case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Nov 11, 2013.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Anyone use the fre as a daily case on the 5s ? If so how is it ? Also do u get any dust under the screen

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

My wife does and no, it doesn't get any debris under the screen.

3. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

My wife also uses the Fre on hers at all times. No issues. I bought one for myself, but haven't decided if I want it yet or not...

4. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I just picked up a fre for my 5S last Thursday.

So far it's been in my pants and hoodie pockets and it hasn't let any dust or debris inside. Seems completely dust proof. I even opened it and took my 5S out last night to check, and not a single spec of dirt or dust.

This is mostly why I bought the fre. It's expensive, but I hate lint and dirt getting jammed into the speaker holes or earpiece grill from pockets. This case 100% prevents that. I'm gonna keep my eye out, because the nuud is coming soon. Lifeproof is hands down my favorite iPhone case. Adds relatively no bulk and protects your phone from the elements. I love being able to sit my 5S on a wet counter, or throw it into my pocket with keys or change. For someone who is OCD about my phone, it really gives me peace of mind.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

It's horrible. It has a floppy screen protector than mushes around when you push it. Not a good case.

6. AAPLinc, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Mine doesn't, I think the secret is to have a screen protector on your phones screen (under the case). There is actually really no space in between the built in screen protector and my phones screen. No "mushing" around, whatever that means. I can't even tell it's there anymore and it doesn't mess up my typing or touchscreen experience at all. I've heard of some people complaining there was too much space but they exchanged it and it worked fine. Obviously defective ones.

Easily my favorite case.

7. kave macrumors regular

I have had the Fré on and off on mine. When I got the Nüüd I used it all the time.
    I will get one for my 5S as a well.

8. studmule macrumors regular

I've had the fre for the 4s, 5, and now the 5s. This is by far the best yet. screen cover sits perfectly flat against the phone screen with no pillowing. Touch ID works great also.

9. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Does any dust get inside this case at all ? Or if I do get dust is that just from install ? FYI the updated case the screen is flush

10. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I tried life proof on my 5 and hated it. Not sure if they have improved much.

11. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Did you read the post 2 above you?

----------

No dust

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I tried on my 5 but it muffled the microphone so that that Shopkick app couldn't pick up the signal. To be honest I didn't care for the shape or feel of it, but I liked taking underwater pic/vids of the kids and the protection from dust/dirt/moisture.

13. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

14. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Got a 5S fre today, it will be my everyday case especially over Summer.
    Liking it so far.