Lifeproof case damaged my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KeegM480, Apr 3, 2014.

1. KeegM480, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Have had my iPhone 5 in a lifeproof pretty much since I bought it. No I'm not clumsy but I do a lot of filming and the iPhone is where audio files are recorded to. Then the kids that use my phone, it's nice taking my phone to the ocean, etc.

Well, I took the case off because the phone was getting pretty dirty, I then noticed a bunch of marks all over the screen. I got a damp cloth to wipe it off, nothing. I then noticed the markings were all over the phone!

I've posted some pictures to show the damage. Anyone know what to do? The guy I spoke with at lifeproof said that all they can do is send me a new case

Attached Files:

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Only thing bad about case like this is that if you get anything between the phone and the case it holds it there and damages the phone. I suspect you got some sand from the beach inside the case and it did a job on your phone.

Good for drops but you are not the first to get damages from a case.

3. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I empty my lifeproof case out very frequently. If there is micro dust particles inside, I clean it all out, including the seal.

And also, for the record...I do not reccommend lending the 650 dollar device to the kids...on the beach...in the sand...and water...just a suggestion.

4. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

The phones only been to the beach once and never been dropped, I got the case just to be safe

5. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Got the front scratches covered (can't tell they are there) by a Zagg screen protector, considering the sandpaper method for the sides

6. iopkiets macrumors newbie

Lifeproof case is made of rubber, so some dust or sand will stick on the case.
    That's why it damaged your iphone.
    If you choose plastic case, then I think it would be another case

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

that's the bad thing about cases, somethings gets in there and starts making silver dots which of course stand out so much on the black iPhone 5.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Looks like it still works to me? I'd probably keep using it.

Does appearance, a few scratches, even matter to you? You already keep it in a massive fully wrapped case?

I just see some scratches due to some goobers putting their iPhone in a sandy case.

9. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

To everyone commenting on this.

Yes, it does matter that its scratched, nobody will buy an iPhone with scratches on it for full value. I just sold it, was pissed at how it looked got an HTC One instead.