Lifeproof for 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Sep 20, 2013.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

Anyone know when/if the Lifeproof for the 5s will be out? Also, I may get one for my 5, but how is the speaker since the phone is "sealed"?

2. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

they had iPhone 5S compatible life proof cases when i went to best buy today, other than that i have no how the speaker quality or anything is about it, sorry i can't be much of a help

3. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

They are probably still trying to figure out what to do about the finger print reader. If they do make one, it's probable it won't allow you to use the TouchID feature while it's on.

4. NateEssex macrumors 6502

I almost bought one today, and then realized I wouldn't be able to use the fingerprint reader..which turns out to be a pretty awesome device--so fast not typing in passcodes :)

5. AndyinAtl macrumors member

I'm confused. Lifeproof.com will notify me when their 5s case comes out. They even have a page describing WHY there is no 5s case yet.

6. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah. They will notify us when the new one is out, but I'm not sure if it will have the Fingerprint ID available...
    Does the old one affect the new flash?

7. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can't decide if I should put a screen protector on and use the Otter Box for now, or just get the Lifeproof that is out now and use that until the new one is out...

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I want to see what they are going to do about the finger sensor.

9. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

Maybe a glass type button cover for placement over the finger scanner

10. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

I really hope they come up with something soon as my iPhones aren't too keen on me working in wetland remediation! These usually work better for me than the otterbox. If anyone has any other suggestions on cases let me know. Thank you.

11. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I have a Lifeproof for the 5. Once my 5S arrives I will use it when needed. I don't keep my Lifeproof on all the time so I would just disable the TouchID (hopefully that's an option) when it is in the case.

Only times I use the case is when I have sand volleyball and softball. Don't want to risk any damage. :D

12. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth, I've got my 5S in the lifeproof Nuud case that I had for my iPhone 5. Obviously TouchID doesn't work, but that's not unexpected. There's no problem just entering the password when it's in the case, even if TouchID is enabled.

The flash isn't bad either... it's probably at least 98% visible through the flash window in the Lifeproof case.

I'm hoping Lifeproof can come up with something brilliant to allow TouchID to work while the phone is in the case, but for now the iPhone 5 lifrproof case is working fine for me.