Lifeproof Fre (iPhone 6/6s) vs Plastic Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 6thDAY, Oct 9, 2015.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Does anyone personally have experience with using the lifeproof fre on their iphone 6 with one of those plastic screen protectors that are really thin?

I dont like the thought of the bare screen of my iphone 6s in a lifeproof fre even though it comes with a built-in screen protector.

I have a Spigen Crystal Clear Screen protector that I want to use with the lifeproof fre, but wanted to get a first-hand account of someone who has actually used it, and deemed it either compatible or not-compatible.

Opinions from others are welcome as well.

Thanks.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I used a Fre on my 5s, 6, and have one one on my 6s but I never tried a second SP inside the Fre.

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

how is the alignment on the front camera and light sensor for the 6s?...is it off?

4. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

The Fre for the 6s isn't available yet (predicted 11/2). So I am using the case from my 6. The alignment seems fine.

5. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any chance I can see a screenshot of the front of the case with the 6s in it, preferably where the camera and speaker holes are?

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I tried using a mirror to take a shot of the phone in the case but it doesn't work and I don't have a second camera available.

7. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the effort.

I'm just worried that the alignment for the holes are off.

There's a thread here about the Cinder glass protector made for the 6, and I've tried it on my 6s, and while it fits, the cut-out holes are off due to the 6s being mm's taller than the 6.

I fear the same thing with the lifeproof fre case.

8. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Yeah, I'm not sure but there is no crescent visible when using the camera. .1mm (.004")is pretty small though and I'm not sure I could see it.