LifeProof Needs To Hurry The ******* Up!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kacper, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kacper macrumors regular

So I got my iPhone 6 the day it came out. I've been waiting for LifeProof to release their cases for the iPhone 6 for over a week now.. anyone know when they will release their cases? What's taking them so long? Otterbox and Speck released their cases the day the phone came out.. and many other phone cases manufactures. Who else is waiting to get a LifeProof case for their iPhone 6/6 Plus?

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Go naked! The phone is too lovely to be kept in a case!

3. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I'm only giving Lifeproof a few more days. My wife's new iPhone is en route to us right now.

4. RByers8252 macrumors regular

And the otterbox is a loose fit and the openings don't line up 100%. At least life proof will release a solid product.

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Just go to your local fleamarket, there's prob a bunch of chinese knockoffs readily available.

6. wtnon6pls Suspended

wtnon6pls

I suck, because I pre-ordered from T-Mobile!
    Just buy a cheap one to hold you over until they release those cases # I did and am content for now .

7. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

It's because they need to make sure the case works properly. The other manufacturers only based their day 1 cases on the leaks which is why the fit isn't that great.

Your best bet is to ask Lifeproof directly on Twitter or by email.

8. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I had a Lifeproof case for the 5S. I only used it when hiking, camping, or traveling to foreign countries. IMO it impairs usage of the phone in ways I wouldn't want on a day to day basis. Muffled calls, difficult to interact with the edges of the screen, adds a ton of bulk. Don't get me wrong, when I was in areas where chance of damage to the phone was high and the chance of me being able to get to Apple for repairs/exchanges was low, it gave me peace of mind. But I would not use a Lifeproof case on a daily basis, especially for larger phones. The added bulk will make it unpleasant to use, IMO.

9. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Just an FYI, Lifeproof is owned by Otterbox. Same company.

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Doesn't matter. Lifeproof still does their thing the way they have done it in the past. It behaves completely differently from the parent company.

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

building and test a case when they have only had the phone a week?

they are not making a bumper or plastic shell this thing has to be made perfect or the water leaks in

12. Kd7irm macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat, waiting but it's hard. Preordered a apple black leather till the lifeproof or even the otterbox comes out. Preferably the lifeproof. :).

13. Rockies macrumors 6502

I would if it had square edges, but its hard to get a good grip on the rounded edges.

14. maliu macrumors 6502a

Each case they have made has taken at least 6 months to release after a new phone came out. Don't hold your breath.

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Haven't dropped my 6+ yet!

16. nateo200, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

All I know is I ordered my iPhone 6 yesterday and the ETA is 10/31, Life Proof better release that damn case before the phone gets here! lol in all seriousness though I have the 5c right now with a Life Proof case on it and I love the case! On the 5c it was not because I'm not careful but rather because I like to take my phone to some rather smartphone unfriendly environments, sailing, rowing, running, activities in the middle of a downpour, airsoft/paintball, and other minor situations like using my phone to play music in the shower, I don't need to bring it in but if it slips and falls or my hands are extra wet its no big deal. Also its less stressful to have Life Proof case on a phone when your at the beach or by the pool. Honestly though its gonna be a bit, I'll likely settle for a resonably protective bumper, or even full case for the time being :/

As for the iPhone 6, it seams a little more fragile than my iPhone 5c and since I intend to use it just like my iPhone 5c a case is really important to me. Sure I like my iPhones naked (who doesn't!) but such is life. Occasionally I'll remove the case of my iPhone if I am going to an event where I end up wearing a suit, iPhone looks very classy/business-esk naked, especially the silver/gray, that combined with it looking improper to have your pockets buldgy makes it perfect

EDIT: I really don't like Otterbox, you would think they would offer the same level of waterproof protection as Life Proof, idk the brand name is associated with water and water proof storage box's...I think its strange they bought Life Proof, just glad (at least for now) Life Proof is still the same reliable option as its been for a while.

17. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

It's been 11 days.

18. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Said no one ever!

Seriously though, I'm happy with my thin bumper case. Power to you if you want to go case free. I can't do it.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Lets stay on topic, and stop with the bickering.

20. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

This was posted in another thread on 9/24. I would imagine they need to go through extensive testing to make sure the case is completely waterproof, cant just throw some crap out on release day like spigen does.

21. Jukoer3426 macrumors member

When I contacted Lifeproof all they said was "it's comming"...and that's it lol.:cool:

22. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Big case companies usually get phone specs for cases earlier then when the phone is released. So I'm sure they have the cases but it's probably just the testing phase now.

I also really do dislike their cases for daily use but I'd get one for hiking or when I go to the beach. Was at the beach yesterday and left my phone in the car in fear of sand, made me think hmmm wish I had a life proof case right now

23. kovey macrumors 6502a

This is not true with Apple.

http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/26/iphone-6-cases.php
    Companies including Samsung, Motorola, and HTC operate certified partnership programs with qualified tech accessory manufacturers to smooth out the process, but Apple has yet to hint at any sort of partnership program for iPhone cases.

24. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

they could at least start preorders if they are still testing.

25. groggy2333 macrumors regular

This is why I don't buy from Lifeproof anymore. Look at how many other great iPhone 6/+ cases came out already, some even BEFORE launch day. And Lifeproof is stuck in yonder year and always will be. To me they are overpriced junk. My estimate is that they'll start pre-orders next year and guess what they'll probably sell out, then you gotta wait more and more lol what a ripoff!