Lifeproof Nuud (iPad 3) Pics

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wwrgsww, Aug 24, 2012.

1. wwrgsww macrumors member

Hey,

So I wanted to throw up some pictures of the new Lifeproof case for the iPad...

Cost - $150

For me, my job is outdoors working around fountains. we can control all of them via our iPad's... so a waterproof case is required. Now I can take my iPad into the water with me when im working on them, so I can test without leaving the water.

The pictures compare the new Lifeproof Nuud to the current gen. Otterbox Defender. Unfortunately this is not like the iPhone, and the Lifeproof is larger than the otterbox.

It has two gaskets, one for around the screen, one for the case. It comes with a insert to water test with. The headphone plug seems a bit hard to open and close, but I dont use that too often.

Since it does not have a screen protector, and they say to remove one if you do have one, your actually touching the glass, which is nice!

Attached Files:

2. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

How is the sound quality?? The lifeproof for the iPhone muffled the sound big time. I was wondering if it did the same.
    Also,how is the screen protected since there isn't a screen protector??

3. Haesslich macrumors member

The answer is 'it isn't' - the case doesn't appear to be advertised for that. Just water and dust-proofing. And some shock-proofing from 4 feet.

4. wwrgsww thread starter macrumors member

It does not drop the volume at least not by much like the iPhone case. however if I run pandora at max volume, it almost sounds like clipping. (I used Teenage Wasteland to test this) but its not bad at all...

as for the screen, like haesslich said, there is nothing... Lifeproof kinda got smart with this... Glass is naturally waterproof. So they opted for a gasket around the glass to keep water out... but if you went swimming with it, water would be touching the actual ipad glass.

No screen protector also helps keep the Retina quality you paid for (if you have a iPad 3)

5. dieburnbot, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I have this case as well and it makes the audio sound muffled and pretty bad. It's not completely unusable though. I guess it's the trade off you make for super protection. Pretty well made case overall.

I will add my pics to this thread as well I guess heh:

photo 1.JPG photo 2.jpg photo 3.JPG

6. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

That looks awesome!!! I can't wait to see how it is!!!

7. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...