Lifeproof Nuud (iPad 3) Pics

wwrgsww

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Hey,

So I wanted to throw up some pictures of the new Lifeproof case for the iPad...

Cost - $150

For me, my job is outdoors working around fountains. we can control all of them via our iPad's... so a waterproof case is required. Now I can take my iPad into the water with me when im working on them, so I can test without leaving the water.

The pictures compare the new Lifeproof Nuud to the current gen. Otterbox Defender. Unfortunately this is not like the iPhone, and the Lifeproof is larger than the otterbox.

It has two gaskets, one for around the screen, one for the case. It comes with a insert to water test with. The headphone plug seems a bit hard to open and close, but I dont use that too often.

Since it does not have a screen protector, and they say to remove one if you do have one, your actually touching the glass, which is nice!

Attachments

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
How is the sound quality?? The lifeproof for the iPhone muffled the sound big time. I was wondering if it did the same.
Also,how is the screen protected since there isn't a screen protector??

Haesslich

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
How is the sound quality?? The lifeproof for the iPhone muffled the sound big time. I was wondering if it did the same.
The answer is 'it isn't' - the case doesn't appear to be advertised for that. Just water and dust-proofing. And some shock-proofing from 4 feet.

wwrgsww

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
It does not drop the volume at least not by much like the iPhone case. however if I run pandora at max volume, it almost sounds like clipping. (I used Teenage Wasteland to test this) but its not bad at all...

as for the screen, like haesslich said, there is nothing... Lifeproof kinda got smart with this... Glass is naturally waterproof. So they opted for a gasket around the glass to keep water out... but if you went swimming with it, water would be touching the actual ipad glass.

No screen protector also helps keep the Retina quality you paid for (if you have a iPad 3)

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I have this case as well and it makes the audio sound muffled and pretty bad. It's not completely unusable though. I guess it's the trade off you make for super protection. Pretty well made case overall.

I will add my pics to this thread as well I guess heh:

photo 1.JPG photo 2.jpg photo 3.JPG

Last edited: