All iPads Lifeproof Nuud or FRe?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gpspad, Mar 31, 2014.

1. gpspad macrumors 6502

I have an iPad RMini that I would like to take on road trips. I made a good vehicle mount and mounted the lifeproof mini cradle so i can use the ipad for a GPS in my car. I am just kind of confused on whether I should get the Lifeproof Nuud case or the fre case.

I don't see myself ever dunking the pad in water, but want to protect it on camping trips and while its in my car. Any advise on what is the better deal; the nuud, or the fre case?

2. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Depends completely on how you want to use your iPad. I personally like to bring my iPad just about anywhere, even places where the screen might get scratched. Therefor I go with the fre instead of the nuud.

If you plan to expose your iPad to a lot of dust, dirt and sand or anything else that might scratch the screen I'd go with the fre instead. The nuud will not work properly with aftermarket screen protector film.

Good luck :apple:

3. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I have the lifeproof Fre for the original iPad mini. It has gone for a swim in my hit tub and survived being dumped in the sand by the Atlantic Ocean and has had 0 issues. If your worried about the screen then definitely go with the Fre.