Lifespan of iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rye9, Jun 22, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

So, I'm picking up my new iPhone 4 on Thursday at my nearest Apple Store... and my younger brother is going to inherit my old 3G. Now, the battery life has lessened obviously given near 2 years of usage, and it no longer vibrates due to many falls... but aside from that it's fine. Assuming the new iOS4 which I installed continues to run fine that is. Anywho, should he be expecting a good while with it? Or will it likely crap out soon? I would hope the only thing that would happen is that the battery life will continue to decrease....

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i think a good lifespan is 3 years, i know ppl who have the original iphone and it still works fine, the software will become obsolete before the phone breaks, as long as you take good care of it that is

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Yeah... I just hope that iOS 4 doesn't kill the 3G. Well, he is eligible on his line of our family plan for an upgrade in a couple months; he can get a 3GS then for $100 or the 4 for twice that I suppose.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Under normal use, it should last a good three or four years easy, but it's the "many falls" that concern me.

5. me2000 macrumors 6502

Mine has fallen plenty of times.. even on hard concrete and it still works fine.

These phones are built to last I think.