Lifetime Timer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eldy, Jun 21, 2009.

1. eldy macrumors 6502

I restored my 3G-S from a backup of my 2.5G iPhone and now my lifetime call timer is already up to 8 days +!

Any way to reset it?

I reset the phone and the lifetime timer stays the same even before restoring.

2. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

3. eldy thread starter macrumors 6502

That doesn't reset the life timer.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I have no idea how/if that is possible, I'm just shocked that you talk on the phone so little...

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

thats nothing! ive had a 3G and original and my total talk time is 2 days! but i have got 7GB of cell data.

6. tkauftheil macrumors newbie

I ran into the same 'issue'. My guess is that you restored a previous backup from your last iPhone. What that does is restore al your settings (minus some passwords i think) such as alarms, icon app placement etc.

When you do that it pull data from the back up file/folder in /mobile sync. I believe these backups are actually images (think .iso or .ghost) and that data is applied to your new phone. If you want to blank the lifetimer out, you can 'restore' your iPhone, and set it up as a new phone rather than pull info from a previous image. I ran into the same issue and it cleared my life timmer.

I thought it was kinda funny that only owning the 3GS for a day I had logged over 11+ Days of call time. Made it look like I owned the dam thing for a long time and was making calls on it before it was built.

Personally I think it is a flaw on the way it handles that data. Lifetime should be a reelection of THAT particular phone, and I was always under the impression that that counter could never be re-set.

just my 2 cents.

brgrds

7. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I had the same issue, and I agree it's a flaw in the backup programming.

I spent years with a Palm PDA then a Treo, always moving everything to the new device when I upgraded. The lifetime data was always specific to that particular device. As it should be.

9. thatJaC macrumors newbie

Hey there, does anyone know if this still works? Or if they fixed it in an update? :). Thanks

10. eldy thread starter macrumors 6502

BUMP

I can't believe that this hasn't been fixed yet. Same issue happens with the iPhone 4 and iTunes 9.2.