Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Nottingham, UK
My iPad has light bleeding which is noticeable at the brightness which I use. It also has 3 fairly bad dead pixels and 1 faint one.

I was waiting for a new 'batch' of iPads to get it replaced but I knocked it today and the top corners aluminium has crimpled. There's no other damage anywhere else and no damage to the screen.

Does anyone know what apple are like in these situations?

Thank you for any help!

Edit: it is an iPad 2 by the way.

Last edited:

head honcho 123

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2008
My iPad has light bleeding which is noticeable at the brightness which I use. It also has 3 fairly bad dead pixels and 1 faint one.

I was waiting for a new 'batch' of iPads to get it replaced but I knocked it today and the top corners aluminium has crimpled. There's no other damage anywhere else and no damage to the screen.

Does anyone know what apple are like in these situations?

Thank you for any help!

Edit: it is an iPad 2 by the way.

not sure, but go and mention just the dead pixels and light bleed and i hope that they won't notice the other "problem"...

besides if you have about 4 dead pixels i think that's above the threshold for an exchange...

good luck!

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
Call AppleCare and make a record of the problems with your iPad. Don't mention the damage you caused by knocking it. This way you will make it clear it is a defective iPad. Make an appointment to bring it into a store for replacement. You can always reschedule the appointment for a later date if you think you need to.

When you take it in to get replaced, tell them the truth about how it was damaged, but make it clear that the iPad was defective before you damaged it.

t0mm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Call AppleCare and make a record of the problems with your iPad. Don't mention the damage you caused by knocking it. This way you will make it clear it is a defective iPad. Make an appointment to bring it into a store for replacement. You can always reschedule the appointment for a later date if you think you need to.

When you take it in to get replaced, tell them the truth about how it was damaged, but make it clear that the iPad was defective before you damaged it.

Thanks for your help. I'd be sending it in though, no apple stores nearby!

Unless I wait and exchange it in the states in June.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.