Light bleed fixed? - Want to make exhange appointment at Apple store.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Captainobvvious, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I bought two iPad 2's on launch day, both of which suffered from minor light bleeding from the entire length of one of the sides.

Instead of dealing with swapping them out and likely getting another defective unit I figured I would wait until the problem was fixed then give it a shot.

I am hoping that time is now... Should all the defective ones be out of the system by now, is it a good time to go for the replacement?

Will Apple give me a hard time because I waited so long?

I was going to make an Apple Store appointment for Saturday but wanted to check here first.

2. Jottle macrumors 6502

I just got an ipad 2 as a gift this week. Its a late October 2011 build date, and it has the same slight light leakage on the left side. I'm keeping it. This isn't an issue apple will "fix" to everyone's satisfaction. It's the nature of lcd panel technology (crappy I know). The earlier ipad 2's I've seen on youtube showed excessive light bleed, but you'll find that most people see some light bleed on their ipad 2's in general. It's a lottery really.