All iPads light bleed ipad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aarongrooveremt, Mar 16, 2015.

1. aarongrooveremt macrumors newbie

Hey guys just seeing if anyone else had this issue. I was watching a video and noticed quite bit of light bleed. What do you guys think?

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's pretty excessive light bleed even for a screenshot. If it's within the return period, you should no problems getting it exchanged. If you are outside the return period you'll need to make an appointment with an Apple store genius.

3. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

I have found that same problem on most of the Air2s I have owned – some worse than others. I really hope that the IGZO screens are better.

4. aarongrooveremt thread starter macrumors newbie

What screens are those? Never heard of them. Are they gonna be on the next model?

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

What do you mean "screenshot"? It's not a screenshot it's a photo.

6. BoneHead001 macrumors 6502

http://mobile.extremetech.com/computing/49-igzo-display-tech-finally-makes-it-to-mass-market-ipad-air-now-high-res-desktop-display-soon?origref=https:%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

7. aarongrooveremt thread starter macrumors newbie

So seemed the issue resolved itself. It appears that my smart case was putting pressure on the sides of my iPad. Took it off put my otterbox on. Seemed to do the trick. Was gonna mention it to apple. But never had the chance.

8. ventuss macrumors 6502

Try a movie trailer on darkroom with screen brightness at 50%. If you can see any light bleeding when using it like that, it's reason enough to replace it. I never had any problems with both Air and Air 2, and the old iPad 2 and 3 had some bleeding when at max settings, which was fine.