Light bleed noticeable on minimum brightness?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Redjericho, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I am curious to see if light bleed really is as big a problem as some people make it out to be, I rarely turn my iPad above 30% brightness and most complaints I have seen are from people having it on max brightness in a dark room.

Does your new IPad have light bleed?
    Is it noticeable during normal use under normal brightness conditions?

2. mariotr87 macrumors regular

Mine "has" light bleeding/uneven blacks all over the place, but in order to notice that you have to meet 3 requirements (altogether):

-Show just plain black on screen
    -Be in a dark room
    -High brightness.

Otherwise it's just impossible to notice.

I never usually do any of these things, but the most important one is the brightness: I always use it at 50%. Then, what's the point of doing tests that don't represent normal use?

I'd understand however why someone would want to exchange it due to a dead pixel or strange tints, because those are there always.

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Did we really need another light leak thread?

4. EarlZ macrumors regular

The only way for you to know is to really see the screen personally, everyone has a different standard of quality.

Some people also say that they have no backlight bleeding what so ever at 100% brightness then thats where all the complaints are coming from, if people are more honest about this then there would be no reason for such fuss.