light bleed on 13" macbook pro and 24" LED display help (pics inc)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sab150, Aug 21, 2009.

1. sab150 macrumors regular

hey everyone need abit of advice regarding screen bleed, not sure if this is a common issue but i have screen bleed on my 1 week old macbook pro and cinema display.. oh and a stuck pixel on the cinema..

what you guys think? it is by no means the worst i have seen but at the end of the day its pretty high end gear so want it to be perfect!

should i risk sending back and getting a worse display?

2. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

3. belvdr macrumors 603

So let me get this straight. You have a question about light bleeding through a display, so you post a network diagram. Do I need more coffee?

EDIT: Okay now you have the right photo. What is on the screen when you took this photo? I will try to do the same thing with mine and see if I see the same results.

4. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

13" macbook pro pretty close to what it actually looks like

[​IMG]

5. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

ha sorry its late!

6. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

24" led display - slightly exaggerated from what i actually see

[​IMG]

7. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

8. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

also if i choose to return it, what happens to my ipod touch rebate that i have sent off for? will they transer it to the new machine?? grr i hate stuff like this!

im going in tomorrow so if you have any thoughts post asap as id like to hear them

thanks

9. belvdr macrumors 603

You won't get any attention about 1 dead pixel.

Read my post above... What are you doing to test this? If you get a replacement machine, I would assume the iPod rebate will continue as before.

10. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

attention from whom? i am in my two week return period so im guessing apple will listen as i have just dropped 2grand on there products

11. belvdr macrumors 603

Good luck with that. I don't believe one pixel is enough for a replacement, regardless of time period. I'm hoping I'm wrong on that.

12. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

well i can just cancel my order and shop else where.. apple are premium products and some might argue that that is not premium quality

the pixel is hardly an issue.. its more the screen bleed

13. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll have to do some arm twisting for a single dead pixel. The replacement count is much higher than that.

I'm not sure what response you'll get for backlight bleeding to be honest. It seems to be a bit too common on Apple's LED displays.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=623143

14. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I think what the OP is thinking, and is correct, is that as he is within his 2 weeks, he can return the cinema display without giving a reason and can have a full refund. This is what I would do, then either order one online or buy something else.

15. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

exactly, if i had bought a cheap windows pc i honestly couldnt care less but i guess to justify the price it has to be 100%

16. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

I totally agree. I was going to get 2 x 24" ACDs, 1 when I get my MBP next month and 1 when I get my Mac Pro next year, but I don't think I'll risk it now. Especially when my Samsung TN panel has no backlight bleeding whatsoever.

17. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Get a dell u2410. Amazing colour and contrast, plus dells premium guarantee that they will exchange for even one damaged pixel.

18. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

19. pinktank macrumors 6502

dead pixels are a production issue not a qc problem, they inevitably happen. returning for such issues only ramps the price up and does so for everyone.

20. jakepolo macrumors member

Apple replaced my MacBook for free because of one dead pixel.

21. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

The point is, there are many (cheaper) displays that come with a Zero Dead Pixel Policy, so if Apple are charging a premium price for their displays, why can't they do the same?

If the displays got stopped by QC due to dead pixels before they even reached the customer, then it would cost them less to fix than if the customer was returning it to get an exchange or refund.

22. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

exactly, you pay a premium with apple for a reason.

they exchanged both my macbook pro and led display no questions asked and couldn't apologize enough.

23. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

That's great news. What are your replacements like?

24. sab150 thread starter macrumors regular

i am pleased to say they are both stunning! slight issue with macbook pro display bieng slighly more fuzzy than the last, but a firmware/software update seems to have sorted it.. i took a picture of both side by side at night and nothing would show up on camera apart from cursor.. il post pics wen i get my digicam back

please dont hold off buying because of what you have read on the internet, the screens are amazing! you have two weeks to get replacement and here in the uk birmingham store they couldnt have been more helpful

hope this helps