Light bleeding on left side? Anyone else??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vexious, Jul 18, 2008.

1. vexious macrumors member

does the light on anyones iPhone 3g bleed on the top part where the black meets the silver?

2. kmay37 macrumors member

Yes mine does, I am going to an Apple store to hopefully get a new one, i just really hope they have some in!

3. meagain macrumors 68030

Yep. They mostly all do. But one can't usually tell under normal conditions.
    In the house - experienced 6 iPhones. FIVE leak. The one that didn't wasn't inspected close though. If it was there, it was hard to find. It was urine yellow screen.

The question is, what to do about it. Exchanging failed me even with different serial number weeks, store locations, etc. It's impossible to see in a bright Apple store so the geniuses don't see it unless they take the time to go in a dim/dark room so some will think you're nuts. Some are aware of the problem then say their own iPhone leaks. That doesn't help either.

Surely, there is something safe we could gently shove in there. Something dark/tiny. If you're lucky, normal viewing angle doesn't show it to you. If you plan to always have it in a case, that should cover it.

Some are worse than others of course.

4. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

i realized that light shines through the speaker? i guess it's called,
    (the speaker where your ear sits). but it only shines through on the right side,
    its annoying, and also the light shines through the plastic on the back all over the place, it looks gross :p hahh

(yeah, i know this has nothing to do with what you were talking about :D)
    pce :apple:

5. vexious thread starter macrumors member

mine does in the speaker also

6. meagain macrumors 68030

That is not acceptable! I hope you are asking for an exchange.

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I just left the apple store. They told me that that was "spek" and they are all like that. No exchange.

8. eyephone macrumors member

Mine has leak on the left side as well. Being a 1st gen iphone owner, I really feel that this model is not built as well.

9. jasincity macrumors member

I have the exact same problem as the thread starter. Haven't yet tried to get a replacement as all the Apple stores in my area are out of stock. :(