Light dot on iPhone 4 Screen

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Alright, i've been loving the crap out of my iphone 4 doing everything right with it when one night, i notice this bright dot on the screen, at first i figured it was just a reflection, so i change the angle, It's still there. Even during the daylight its there. Anyone else have this problem? I really don't wanna take it to the apple store for them to call me crazy.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
thats were it gets weird, its not a pixel its round sort of bigger than what the pixels are supposed to look like, ill try to get a pic of it

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
I haven't seen one on a iphone 4 personally , however I have seen them in previous iPhones . If there is any problem with your phone that you feel isn't right , you should take it to apple . From what I've heard , they are not giving much fuss about replacing iPhone 4s right now .

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006
It cod be dust or a collection of pixels. In any event return it for a new one. Doesn't sound right to me!

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I had a little reflection looking spot on my screen yesterday. Odd thing is that it only showed itself when I was playing Flight Control. It didn't appear anywhere else. So I shut the iPhone off, turned it back on, and it was gone.

Have you tried that? You might as well try restoring it 'cause the Genius bar will probably recommend trying that first before replacing it. I could be wrong though.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Pics!

Alright i did the best i could with the pics it's right above the light. It isn't really a good picture but if you see maybe im not so crazy! Its right above iBooks btw

Attachments

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006
yea i know but its so much more noticeable in real person thats a bad picture. when its on a white background it pops out like a sore thumb!
You are not crazy. That's clearly a dead pixel. Once you notice it your eye will always be drawn to it. Apple will give you a replacement quickly for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.