light in the keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by yuyos, Aug 9, 2011.

1. yuyos macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to control the light in the keyboard? I read how to turn it off but I haven't found out how to turn it on when I want to.
    Thanks.

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Press the key above the 5 key to lessen the lighting. Press the key above the 6 key to increase the lighting.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Note also that most Macs with backlit keyboards also have an Ambient Light Sensor that will turn the lights OFF if there is too much light around. Put your finger (or some tape) over the sensor (usually near the iSight) to test if this is your issue.

B

4. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

See Attachment

Attached Files:

5. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I'd love to get a backlit keyboard. Does Apple sell one, or is there a good one out there y'all can recommend. And yes, I want a full keyboard with the number keys, and wired is fine.

6. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Apple doesn't sell any separate backlit keyboards. Logitech sells a bunch of keyboards with backlit keys. I use a G19 keyboard, but it's not very cheap. The Logitech G110 isn't too expensive though.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/5902

7. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Thanks! Yea, Logitech makes some great products. I'm using a Performance Mouse MX as I type this. I'll be sure to check out the backlit keyboards at Logitech.

8. yuyos thread starter macrumors newbie

:) That's helpful; now, if I cover the sensor, there's also a change on the screen display--it goes darker. Also, covering the sensor may create any type of problems?
    yuyos

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

As you already noted, the screen is dimmed, so it might be harder to get full brightness if you need it.

That's not really a problem or dangerous, but you would have to compromise. Full screen brightness vs. keyboard lights.

B