Light Leak on Left Hand Side. And Apple Wouldn't Replace It Today.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Dec 17, 2008.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Hey Everyone.

I've had my Iphone for a month now, and I've noticed light seeping out from the left hand side of the phone since day 1. At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but it definitely catches my attention and worries me when I'm looking at/using my phone in the dark before bed.

I've researched these forums and it appears to be referenced as a "light leak" and that users have had their phones replaced immediately in the Apple store.

I went today and a "Genius" told me it wasn't an issue, explained why it happens on certain phones, and told me not to worry. I expressed my concern and asked If I could replace the phone, and he said "let me check". He went in the back for 5 minutes, came back out, and said the head "Genius" confirmed that they do not replace Iphones for such an issue. He said "if you see it leaking more light, and it bothers you, come back".

I left the store a bit unsure. My phone works fine (aside from Safari crashing more than I'd like). Should I go back to Apple and demand a new Iphone? Should I wait to see if more of the left hand side will show this light? Let me know what you think.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Go back and tell them that you payed x$ for the iPhone and paying a little more than 2000$ in monthly fees, and that you deserve a phone that isn't built poorly!

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I just googled "iphone light leak" and a ton of different websites regarding the topic popped up.

I'm just gonna accept it. As long as my phone works, I can live with it. But it's annoying flaw.

Read this one.........

http://forums.macworld.com/message/652092