light leakage from back of the case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelmaxwell2, Aug 4, 2008.

1. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

wow so sitting In the dark with my white iPhone and comming to find out that light is leaking thru the back of the case! I can see a outline of parts in the phone. Your telling me that apple couldn't waste 1 cent and have the back of the inside of the back of the case painted black?

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Do you mean that you can see through the plastic, or is there a gap that lets you see into the phone?

3. michaelmaxwell2 thread starter macrumors regular

thru the back white casing of my phone. It isn't leaking from the seams of the screen and the bezel.

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

White plastic won't keep all the light inside like black will. If they painted the inside black, it would probably show thru on the outside, making the white look dirty. At one time, it was trendy to see the innards of the computer through the case (the original iMac). So, think of it as a retro feature for the white iPhone.

5. michaelmaxwell2 thread starter macrumors regular

retro feature? The only thing that would happen would be the white would be darker in darkness which is acceptable it isn't for you to see the guts of a phone, I didn't buy a clear phone.

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I can agree that the white case does show light through the back quite a bit.
    I attached some pics. They are very blurry as I had to raise the ISO on my point and shoot up to an absurd level to be able to see it in the dark.

Attached Files:

7. grimwwr macrumors member

I have the same problem, but yours does seem to show a lot more than mine does.

8. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

This problem happened with my White iPod Video....only it was the front that the light leaked through (Back was chrome). Watching a movie on it in the dark was annoying because there would always be a light under the screen. Fortunately for you, I doubt there will be many times where you'll be looking at the back of your phone in the dark!

9. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Good god, you guys will find anything to bitch about, won't you? If this is the biggest problem you have with your phone, you've got way too much time on your hands. It's a phone, get over it.

10. cantankerously macrumors regular

11. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Seriously?

I have a white iPhone, saw this "defect" a day or so after I got it, said "Huh," and moved on.

What would you do if you had a real problem?

12. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

No, this is a phone:

[​IMG]

This is an iPhone:

[​IMG]

13. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Take it to get it fixed.

Thank you for pointing out that it is a phone, I had no idea.
    It also retails for the ripe old price of $700 when unsubsidized.

14. frotomerket macrumors newbie

lol, funny. if ur not satisfied with ur phone then have it replaced. but doesnt seem like a problem to me.

15. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I didn't know about this issue with the White iPod Video. I guess this is why the white iPhones are black on the front.

16. oban14 macrumors 6502a

I am so glad I got a black iphone. Whites just sound like one problem after another.