Light leakage from under keys on new 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duffmanth, May 29, 2011.

1. duffmanth macrumors member

I just recently got a new 15' MBP 2.2 i7 with the anti glare, high res. screen and noticed that there is some light bleeding out from below a few of the keys when you look at it from a certain angle or when you're sitting at a certain angle. Is this normal to some extent in most Macbooks? The keyboard itself is perfectly balanced as far as the backlight goes. Thanks.

2. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

Are you saying that you can see the light from an angle? Well, yes, I would hope so.

Perhaps you could provide a picture of what you are referring to?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So you want to know if it's normal to see light coming from a backlit keyboard? I loves this place.

4. mr1 macrumors member

Those sure are some helpful responses guys... jeez.

OP: Ya it's normal for light to show from under the keys. I was surprised too in the amount of light leaking from under the keys when I received my MBP.

5. palpatine macrumors 68040

Backlit keyboards aren't commonplace, so the OP may have been surprised to see light bleeding out from beneath the keys. Play around with the F5 and F6 buttons to adjust the light.

6. ' r i S e n macrumors regular

Just didn't really understand his post mainly, therefore I asked a question and requested a picture. Sounds to me like he is surprised to see light coming from a backlit keyboard. That generally causes at least a bit of confusion to a reader.

7. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

8. duffmanth thread starter macrumors member

I should clarify what I meant. Below the W and E keys the light seems to be leaking out a little more than below the other keys, but only when you look at it from a certain angle or you're sitting at a certain angle.

9. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

That is just normal and nothing to worry about, it would not make your MBP bad at all, so nothing to worry.

10. duffmanth thread starter macrumors member

Now I noticed this little pin hole size blue light underneath the J key.

11. Cole JM macrumors regular

You are over thinking this, that is most likely a logic board light, just chill, your MBP is perfectly fine.

12. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

If it were a phone, they'd probably issue a recall. But since they got your one-time payment on a computer, don't complain about anything...

13. duffmanth thread starter macrumors member

14. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

15. jondob macrumors member

omg omg omg guise, on my caps lock key there is a green light wtf is that omg.

16. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

****! My screen emits this glow when I turn it on!!!!11! Should I request a new one? FAH!

17. duffmanth thread starter macrumors member

Are those supposed to be visible?