Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
hey guys, really sorry if this has been posted before,

i have an ipad 2 and ive noticed on black there is abit of white on the edges
here is an image
9b6f85e2.jpg

would this be considered light leakage or bleeding? is this going to cause problems? is it worth taking to the apple store? ive had it for afew months and only noticed this the other day.

Thanks.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Seriously, looks fine to me.

Now this is a screen bleed that would prompt me to return:

Vi5lN.jpg

kmuot.jpg

Your iPad looks fine to me, especially with the all-black you got going in that image, plus the photo artifacts you have, looks like the wrong exposure time. So your screen looks good. I would not return it. Crazy to go to the store with a perfectly good screen you got there.

Last edited:

paul117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Seriously, looks fine to me.

Now this is a screen bleed that would prompt me to return:

Your iPad looks fine to me, especially with the all-black you got going in that image, plus the photo artifacts you have, looks like the wrong exposure time. So your screen looks good. I would not return it. Crazy to go to the store with a perfectly good screen you got there.

ok, thanks, just thought it might be worth checking what people thought, as for the photo artifacts it was taken with my iphone 4s flash off in the dark.... my phone has never liked taking pics in the dark :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.