Light leaks in the headphone jack

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spiderman0616, Dec 2, 2010.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

So yesterday, I dropped my iPhone 4 on a tile floor and smashed up the front glass. I had to buy a replacement today for $199. (thanks to my wife for being REALLY cool about it and letting me replace it with a new one) Anyway, I noticed something with my new one--when the screen is on, I can see light in the headphone jack. I did not notice this being the case with my other ones. I say "ones" because the one I just broke was my third replacement due to my first one having wifi issues and my second one having a dead pixel.

Anyway, has anyone noticed this? It's quite obvious when it happens, so I would think I would have seen it right away on my other units. Not really anything that bothers me or anything I'm going to worry about in any way. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it on theirs.

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now that you mention it I can see light in my headphone jack. That's kinda cool.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

We have two, brother in law has one. All three have had the headphone jack light leak. It's only noticeable from certain angles; I had mine for a month before I noticed it on my husband's, then realized mine had the same thing.

4. iErick macrumors member

I would normally notice something like that myself...however, I have never noticed. Now that you said something, I see it.

Must be normal.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

it was done on purpose so the genius can see the water sensor.

6. FMJPhoto.com macrumors member

FMJPhoto.com

Lolwut?