Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
So yesterday, I dropped my iPhone 4 on a tile floor and smashed up the front glass. I had to buy a replacement today for $199. (thanks to my wife for being REALLY cool about it and letting me replace it with a new one) Anyway, I noticed something with my new one--when the screen is on, I can see light in the headphone jack. I did not notice this being the case with my other ones. I say "ones" because the one I just broke was my third replacement due to my first one having wifi issues and my second one having a dead pixel.

Anyway, has anyone noticed this? It's quite obvious when it happens, so I would think I would have seen it right away on my other units. Not really anything that bothers me or anything I'm going to worry about in any way. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it on theirs.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now that you mention it I can see light in my headphone jack. That's kinda cool.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
We have two, brother in law has one. All three have had the headphone jack light leak. It's only noticeable from certain angles; I had mine for a month before I noticed it on my husband's, then realized mine had the same thing.

iErick

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
I would normally notice something like that myself...however, I have never noticed. Now that you said something, I see it.

Must be normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.