Light leaks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Dykstra, May 29, 2013.

1. Dykstra macrumors newbie

Can anyone with a 27" iMac let me know if they can see beams of light if they lean down and look up towards the upper edge of the monitor? Like if you lean down far enough, you can see it spill onto the Finder bar, but you can't really see it sitting at a normal viewing angle? Just wondering if this is normal.

2. rockmassif macrumors newbie

rockmassif

If you are referring to backlight bleeding it is not normal. You can find more info here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

3. Dykstra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I'm talking about actual lights, not bleeding from the corners or anything.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yes, I can see the light at the top. It's like a bar of light going along the top edge of the screen, with a small gap in the "bar" toward the right and left edges of the screen.

I'm going to guess it's normal, and I'm not really sure why this question even came up? :D

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

If you get into a position where you can see behind the bezel, you will see the LEDs. It's perfectly normal, akin to looking into an indirect lighting fixture and saying that you can see the lights.

6. imac275 macrumors member

Yes, I think it is normal.

I didn't notice it on mine until I got underneath my desk to plug in some new external HDDs.

I checked the ones in the local Apple Store to make sure and they all had the same thing to differing degrees.

7. levisxy macrumors newbie

me too,I didn't notice it on mine until I got underneath my desk to plug in some new external HDDs. [​IMG]