light scratches on black macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JHNguyen, Jan 24, 2008.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Has this happend to anyone? Are they permanant?

When cleaning my macbook with the cloth that came with it, I noticed my nail was scracthing the macbook leaving some small scratches that you could see when lights reflected on it..

No big deal really, but, I just got the macbook, and I really like the look of he matte finish. I was hoping I could fix it.. any suggestions?

But then again, I know eventually, it will get as scratched up as my ibook G4.

2. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

why were you using your nails anyways? all you need to do is "buff" with that cloth, no reason to "scrub"

3. JHNguyen thread starter macrumors member

It was extra greasy in one spot, so I scrubbed or buffed that certain spot a bit more than other spots. I noticed it left small little lines/scratches. Not huge scratches, but just little lines that won't come off.

If anything were to lightly hit my black macbook, it would leave a line. I'm just asking how to get it off.. hoping it's not permanent.

4. machaugen macrumors newbie

If you're worried about scratches, you shouldn't have bought a black macbook. The color combined with the glossy finish makes the scratches very visible because of how the light is reflected and absorbed. I have the same problem with my I-pod, but we learn from our mistakes

5. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If it's something you plan to use and carry with you, it's going to get dinged a little no matter how careful you are. You can get a carrying case and wear gloves while using it, it will still show a little wear and tear.

Don't worry about it too much, and try to simply enjoy your MacBook.

6. fletchnj macrumors newbie

You are right. I managed to get a few small scratches on my MBP, which ticked me off for a bit. But it was bound to happen if I'm going to bring it back and fourth to work everyday.