Light Scribe/DVD drive help MAC PRO

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macpropro80, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Macpropro80 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, as you may or may not know, last night I put an io magic lightscribe DVD burner into my mac pro. I have just one little problem. When I go to burn the covers I get a warning telling me the only quality my drive supports is "generic quality"

Is there any way to make my drive work 100% correctly? It still makes labels, just not at high quality, which is a must, these disks go to my top clients.

Drive: IO magic 22x internal DVD drive w/ light scribe
    Interface: IDE
    Computer: 2008 8core mac pro
    Software: lacie light-scribe labeler.

One more thing, in system profiler, it says under burn support, Yes (generic drive support) under my new drive, is that normal/bad?

2. larapumkin macrumors regular

brand matters

i use lite-on lightscribe on my early 08 macpro which i bought last yaer.
    i search a LOT for lightscribing for macs and found that
    brand of the manufactures actually matters.
    i donno about urs, but some of 08 LG ones dont work
    and also samsung.
    search for the ones that work for sure and go buy the exact same one.

3. Macpropro80 thread starter macrumors 6502

mine works, just it has a few "inconveniences" It can burn disk's that work, and can make light scribe disks, but it wont: Open when i push opt-eject (i have to eject by using the menubar) and lacie lightscribe wont let me make covers in the highest quality.

4. larapumkin macrumors regular

try ones other than lacie.
    i am not at home so i cant really tell you now, but there is one other software that making covers for lightscribe.
    my lite-on works highest quality on both programs that i have including lacie.