Light, slim case for iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vinay427, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey. I wanted to know what you guys think of the clear plastic cases like the Invisible Sheild, BestSkinsEver, and Bodyguardz. Do those offer good protection from scratches and dirt? Or is the Incase Slider case good? From the reviews on Apple's website it seems amazing. It got 5 star user reviews and it's only 1mm thick! here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TT967LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjQyMDMzMww

So, what do you think ofers protection from scratches and is VERY slim and light? Thanks in advance.

2. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

The slider is a good choice. The skins are good, however if you bump it on a desk or drop it, you could have damaged.

3. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Check out the Seidio Innocase II... its only 0.8mm thick.. I actually prefer the feel of my phone in this case rather then having it naked... plus it provides scratch/scuff protection

4. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I have the Incase Slider and I love it. Only issue I have is that I'm having a really hard time finding a screen protector that will fit with it.

5. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Well for now I'll probably go with the :eek:BestSkinsEver:eek: because I am on a VERY tight budget. I mean VERY.

6. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

OK, I take that back. I realized I will have problems if I need to get a replacement for some reason or just take it off. I also don't want to risk getting air bubbles stuck in my iPhone for a LONG time. If I get the Incase Slider, is a screen protector important? Will it make a big difference? Will the Slider protect the screen somewhat?

7. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Does anyone know how well the Bodyguardz, which got the best reviews of the clear skins on iLounge, protects the iPhone 3G compared to the Slider or Switcheasy Colors? I don't like the colored home button and silicone on the Colors, and I don't know if the slider is thin enough to meet my needs. So does the Bodyguardz or any other clear skins protect the iPhone 3G well from lint, scratches? Thanks!

8. UCLAkers macrumors member

I too only liked the incase slider at first but decided that a film protector on the front and back to avoid scratches mainly was good enough for me. just be careful (easier said than done) and you'll love the feeling of the naked iphone. I have the combination of powersupport film on front and bodyguardz film for the back. it's a popular combo of films here on macrumors and it was highly recommended. I love the powersupport crystal film on front because water or a water/soap solution isn't used and I just wasn't too comfortable with that. the bodyguardz for the back is awesome and it uses a water/soap solution to stick but I was ok with that for the back of the phone. overall, the two together just feel and look GREAT. trust me.

9. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Although it's not clear I love my Cozip cases. Very thin and they look great.

10. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

11. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

After EVEN further research I found the Incipio Feather. I heard all of these ulltra thin cases don't protect some parts of the iPhone 3G. Is the BodyGuardz better for complete protection? HELP!!!

12. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

the body guardz is not good for complete protection.... considering it has 0 drop protection... plus lint tends to get into the edges and application is a PITA...

The ultra thins that provide the BEST protection are the incase slider and the seidio Innocase II... They both protect the bezel... the incase protects the entire back while the seidio has a opening for the apple logo...

Personally I use the Innocase II because its thinner... I just cut a peice of a anti-glare screen protector and put it over the apple logo to protect the opening... 0 scratches on my entire phone right now.. It still looks MINT!!

I've dropped this phone with the case on from about 2-3 feet and no damage... wouldn't recommend trying that out haha....

The case itself still looks new as well.. no wear marks at all

Just to follow up on your research... the Air Jacket doesn't cover the chrome and a lot of the reviewers did not like it... the Incipio feather leaves almost the entire bottom portion of your phone exposed.... like the dock area + chrome

13. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

further research my A*SS

how about you stop being lazy and search the forums

14. Pikkuroope macrumors member

I've got the Incase Slider (white) And it's lovely, highly recommended! :) Really slim and fits just there.

15. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

16. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

17. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Very happy with my incase slider (black). One drop so far on a hardwood floor with no damage. Hope that doesn't happen too often though.

18. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

OK. I decided on the Incase Slider. I have heard that some models get stuck on the iPhone 3G and must be broken to be taken off. Is it just the white models? In the Apple Store, I think they just released colored Sliders. Are those safe to use because they are not on the Incase website (www.goincase.com). That sort of leads me to believe that those aren't the newest ones that were designed slightly larger. Anyone know why?

BTW, thanks for the nice comments about me, Dr. Cabrera. [sarcastic]

Thanks to everyone else who helped, though!

19. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you did a quick search, it will show you that most of the white Incase slider owners had the "stuck" issue. The black ones had the "peeling" issue.

20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.