Light streak on screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NikkiJayne, Jan 27, 2013.

1. NikkiJayne macrumors regular

NikkiJayne

I have literally just noticed this on my 5 months old (ish) rMBP; a small streak on the screen that is slightly lighter than the rest of the screen. It changes with the screen brightness and is not present when the screen brightness is turned all the way down. It is most noticeable on a white background. (I have a Samsung screen if people are still going on about that ;) )

Any idea what the heck this is and do I need to take a trip to the Apple Store?

Attached Files:

2. NStocks macrumors 65816

This is so strange! I posted a similar issue a few days ago and my MBPR is also 5 months old! (I recall your user name when they first came out and how we were tracking them ;) )

The issue for me is that the cluster of discoloured pixels is visible at any brightness where the display is any colour lighter than black... I've also got other screen issues like Image retention and light bleeding. I have an LG display.

I've opened a case with Apple and will be calling tomorrow to request a replacement. I have speaker problems and will not accept a repair. You shouldn't either, the display is a huge component and cost more than any other part apparently. Replacing that is a huge workload and need to be done in a "cleanroom".