Light through silent switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chillip, Mar 17, 2016.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

i just wanted your opinion. I can see white light through the silent switch on my 6s. You can only really see it if your been anal and screen on full brightness. The rest of the phone is pretty flawless and don't want to get into changing the phone only to get a worse one. Just wondered people's thoughts on what I should do. Thanks

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

People have had dust migrate into that top left corner of the screen. If you can see light there must be a path. I have looked and see no light at my silent switch

3. HEK Suspended

HEK

Shakes head......this is so far past anal it's ridiculous.

4. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

How is it anal? My phone clearly has an issue. You shouldn't be able to see the backlight through the silent switch!

5. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

You should not see a light there. If it were my phone I would have it replaced. Did you just get it?

6. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

why? does any apple document specifically state this?

7. willmtaylor, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

This is typical when doing anal in the dark; just turn your brightness down.

Relax & enjoy.

8. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

So it basically at this point depends on you. If the phone is under warranty, sure, you can try to get a replacement, and you probably won't have too hard a time doing that (but then you open the door for other bad stuff with the replacement). That said, the issue noted is very small compared to a lot of other issues and, like you said, you barely notice it except at extreme settings. If I were you, I would just live with it, noting that some strange little things are going to get past Apple quality control, and be thankful that it's not something worse like a dead pixel or speck of dust within the screen. Honestly, it sounds kind of cool?